Oil Thiefdownload product catalogue
The OIL THIEF (OT, or OTIV for the Internal Valve unit), is a simple device that is utilized to collect accurate crude oil samples. Their lengths can be customized to suit your sampling needs. Sample cocks, also known as drain valves, can also be installed to test the different levels of your sample.
OIL THIEF FEATURES
Available in Slide Valve or Internal Valve.
Standard barrel lengths are 12, 14, 16, 18, and 24 inches. (Custom barrel lengths are available upon request.
Barrels are available in plastic, Pyrex, or polished brass.
Plastic and brass barrels can be installed with sample cocks upon request.
Lowering devices available – your choice of either brass chain or braided rope with fittings.
- With the valve closed, make sure the trip rod is pushed fully into its sleeve, then lock the trip rod in this position by tightening the thumbscrew in the clutch top.
- Slide Valve Thief: Open the valve by pulling it outward until the clutch pin holds it open.
Internal Valve Thief: Open the valve by pushing the lever down until the cock pin holds it open.
- Put the bail assembly hook into the slot at the top of the trip rod sleeve.
- Slowly lower the oil thief to the desired level in the tank.
- Give the lowering line an abrupt upward jerk. This should trip the valve closed, making the sample ready for retrieval from the tank.
TANK BOTTOM BUMP CLOSURE
- Set the trip rod so its bottom end is at least 1/4 inch below bottom of oil thief, or extended to the desired sample height from bottom of tank.
- Slide Valve Thief:Lock the trip rod securely in set position by tightening the thumbscrew in the clutch top.
Internal Valve Thief:Lock the trip rod securely in set position by tightening the thumbscrew in the valve cock.
- Open the valve.
- Lower the oil thief in a continuous motion until it bumps the tank bottom and trips the valve closed. Sample is now ready for retrieval.
*All repairs must be sent back to factory for warranty to remain effective.
Oil Thief Parts
Part# Description QTY. OT OTIV OT & OTIV OT OTIV O0001 O0001-IV Body O0002 O0002-IV Top Ring O0003 O0003-IV Valve O0003A O0003AIV O-Ring Valve Sea – – Trip Rod – – Trip Rod Sleeve O0011A O0011A Bail Assy O0021 n/a Hanger n/a – – Plastic Barrel M1012 M1012 Cork Gasket X0T09 X0T09 Brass Thumbscrew X0T17 X0T29 Brass Acorn Nut